Wednesday, February 13, 2013

I Am More Than My Roles

Blog post #90 of the 365

Who am I?

I have put a lot of thought into that question. I am more than the roles I have had in my life.

I have been a daughter, sister, granddaughter, niece, cousin, student, friend, employee, companion, wife, mother, grandmother, teacher, and so much more. I have been the used, the abused, the user, the victim, the injured, the victor, the winner, the loser, and so much more. I have been the babysitter, the housekeeper, the bookkeeper, the organizer, the electrician, the carpenter, the plumber, the gardener, the landscaper, the planner, the baker, the cook, the laundress, the chauffeur, the tutor, and so much more.

All of these roles are a part of who I am but they are not who I am. They do not define me.

I am courageous, contemplative, fearful, faithful, loving, possessive, protective, open minded, opinionated, stubborn, giving, hard headed, sweet, loyal, loving, intelligent, smart, funny, sarcastic, silly, bossy, bright, brave, ornery, tired, energetic, willing, tentative, and oh so much more.

In short I am human.

No comments:

Post a Comment