Friday, February 15, 2013

Blame

Blog post #92 of 365

When something goes wrong or things don't work out we want someone or something to blame. We lay blame, sometimes undeservedly even. It is what humans do. I think maybe it is a part of self preservation.

The thing is we can't always find the culprit. Sometimes because the trail is too long but sometimes because the finger points at us and it is hard to admit failure. It is hard to admit defeat. It is hard but not impossible.

The trick is to pick up move on and learn from it. Don't repeat our failures. Don't dwell on or in the past. It does no one any good.

I always ask myself what I could have done differently? I examine my role even if it was only a reaction to something completely out of my control how I might have done better and in turn how my doing better might have helped the situation. It doesn't always work but it may help in the future. Every day I ask myself how can I be better? How can I do better?

I have no idea who said it but I love the saying, 'God only gives you what you can handle." Recently I heard this slightly different take on it, "God doesn't give you what you can handle, God helps you handle what you are given." I have mixed feelings on this one. I do believe some of what we must handle isn't our own doing  but also because of the agency of others. I also believe God will help us but we must do all we can first and we must also ask for help. I'm pretty sure the Lord does not overburdens us on purpose or without a purpose.

Today I read this quote and it stuck in my head a bit. "Everything you do is based on choices you make. Its not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and every choice you make." Unknown

Next time think before you choose, think before you act and more importantly think before you blame,

No comments:

Post a Comment