Thursday, November 28, 2013

Traffic

Blog post #374 of 365

I figured with the gratitude posts going on (next installment in two days) and my personal family celebration on hold I would just post what is on my mind. So here goes.

Most traffic can be avoided. Ge earlier or schedule between traffic hours.

Well two days ago I found  out how stupid traffic really is. They have a new toll/carpool lane. Long story short you can pop in for a fee or you can haul around two friends and drive in a special lane all to yourself. Okay I guess that is a way to avoid traffic to a certain extent but I'd have a hard trying to entice people to ride with me into LA.

Back to stupid traffic. That dumb carpool lane have very few openings and so people who live between them are not likely to pay a toll to avoid a little stretch of traffic filling up the remaining lanes. Because it only opens up rarely when it does those drivers trying to get on or off force their way into an already overstuffed freeway. When I was approaching the break in the lane traffic slowed down more than 30 miles per hour. I checked! It was 33 to be exact!

I have known for years that people will slow down to look at an accident which slows the next driver and the next. People love gore. They watch boxing, hockey and car races for similar reasons. Two days ago I discovered it doesn't even have to be a wreck. They see the lights and slow to look. Why? There is no blood or carnage... Again we slowed 30 miles per hour. We passed the pulled over driver and instantly the speeds went up 30 miles or more. There were some definitely some speeders with me.

Traffic, I'm not a fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment