Tuesday, November 5, 2013

The Best

Blog post #353 of 365

I was watching a commercial and someone said only the best will do. It got me to thinking what is the best?

The dictionary says it is better than all others in quality or value or most skilled, talented, or successful or most appropriate, useful or helpful.

By definition the best could be different for the individual. I mean there isn't just one kind of anything that would be the best for everyone. Some might say Thai food is better than Chinese food or that Mexican food is better than Greek food but food like many things is subjective. I live in a very Asian neighborhood but I don't like the local Asian restaurants. I have my favorites. Korean barbecue is best in Woodland Hills, Thai is best in Palmdale, Mexican is best in Arcadia, Greek was best at my in laws. (They have both passed on and sadly I compare all Greek food to their Greek Food.) But you get my meaning.

For me the most expensive is not necessarily the best. I like to look at the whole picture. What do I get for my money? Am I paying for a brand or am I truly getting the best product available. And honestly I don't always want what society says is best. I don't want a mansion because I wouldn't want to waste the space nor would I want to clean it. I don't want a maid because I don't want strangers in my home. I don't want a fancy car or a popular car because people are more likely to steal it. I'm happy with the simple things.





No comments:

Post a Comment