Monday, March 3, 2014

Somebody Needs Me

Blog post #461 of 365

I just read a blog called "Mommy, Somebody needs you." You can read it too. (http://yourbestnestindy.com/2014/02/27/mommy-somebody-needs-you/) As I read it touched me.

I too am a mom. My kids are now grown to adulthood. But I remember every exhausted minute of the time when their every need was dependent on me and relish every one. In the last five years taking care of my mom. She has some health issues and is feeling lonely most days. My kids come by and visit when they can. We go visit others when we can but mostly she watches TV, reads books, plays word games and reads Facebook. It is hard to watch. Then I think will that be me in 25 years? Will I be dependent on someone to care for me, feeling alone and unproductive. So I plug along knowing she needs me and again grateful to be here for her knowing she needs me.

My kids may not need me to be there for their every need anymore but I still feel needed. When my son is in the neighborhood he pops in for a snack, the bathroom and a hug. When my kids can't figure something out or come across something they've never experienced before they call me. Because they trust I still have their best interest at heart and I do.

My grandkids don't need me to fulfill their daily needs but I know they want me. They love to get on the floor and play with me, listen to stories as I read, color together and watch them succeed. That what grandparents do. They are back up for parents. They are support and love for their families too. I wouldn't trade a minute of it because I know someone is always going to need me. One day I may need them more than they need me, but that is okay too because I am content in knowing I am loved.


No comments:

Post a Comment