Friday, March 7, 2014

Blanket Wrestling

Blog post #465 of 365

Before I get started on my blanket wrestling thoughts I will take a moment to celebrate another 100 posts! The goal of 365 in 365 days happened and I will continue until I don't. I wonder what that number will be.

I woke up again this morning with a sense that my blankets and I argue too much. I have three on my bed. Two very light ones and one heavy thick one. The nights are cool but when I go to bed they aren't perfectly cool. By perfectly cool at a normal bedtime the temperature hasn't dropped completely. I like it to be cold when I go to sleep and not get much colder through the night. I'll settle for cool but I want the temperature to stay close to what it was when I went to bed. This is unfortunate because I live in a 1930's house that is not well insulated and doesn't have the best heating or cooling system. (Forced air would not be my first choice.) I usually start with one or two blankets over me and add as it cools. The problem is they blankets are all different sizes and the heavy one is the smallest in the bunch.

Every morning for a week I find my bed in a big knot. Well not knot exactly but way out of whack for sure. Some nights I find myself having puled all of the blankest to an odd angle trying to fit them all together after I started with only one and ended with three. They don't work so well in concert. This morning in particular ad I began to make my bed realized that somehow I managed to twist it right in the middle. somewhat looking like a bow tie or a poorly wrapped present... I've tried tucking them in at the bottom but the thick one is too short to get a good tuck and the others are so long they bunch up. This morning in spite of the twist I feel like I won because I was mostly comfortable and  it way really only one odd flip.

I woke up in such a good mood I made waffles! Have a winning day. (Not is a creepy Charlie Sheen kind of way.) In a this morning was so great I made waffles kind of way!

No comments:

Post a Comment