Thursday, March 6, 2014

Online Quizzes

Blog post #464 of 365

Personality quizez on the internet are all the rage. little test to gauge where your personality fits in certain groups. I've taken a few. Apparently I am best suited as a fan for Sherlock but I am so much more than that.  In Once Upon a Time I got the cricket. Apparently I was meant to be a shrink which make me laugh a little. I see myself more as Hook or maybe Rumpelstiltskin. They are perceived as bad guys but really are misunderstood. I don't relate to the girls on that show. As a Disney princess I was pegged as Snow white but nothing in the description does it say she loves controlling animals or cleaning up after a bunch of men while waiting for a hot guy to sweep her off her feet. It had an entirely different description. I wouldn't want mice or birds cleaning up the house. I'd teach the men to clean up after themselves because I believe we should take personal responsibility for our actions. I make a mess I clean it up. You make a mess you clean it up. I'll probably help but it is your mess. I do love men. I could totally share space with several. Men are fun to hang out with (not in a slutty I want to have sex with them kind of way but in a men are the people I usually relate to best kind of way.) If I were a Muppet I'd be Kermit; clever & thoughtful, putting my friends first, people are naturally drawn to me, reliable, and a big thinker, a planner and I know it isn't easy being green...

The personality quiz I thought was most interesting was the plant personality test. it really made me think about the results. I don't agree with them entirely but they were most fun for me. You can take the quiz yourself if you like.  http://traditionalmedicinals.com/plant-personality-quiz-results/?quiz_results=8P.8Q.8T

My friend took the plant quiz first. She got the following.
Echinacea - A protector. With an amazing blend of optimism, nurturing and goodwill, you lend your strength and energy to those in need. Your seemingly infinite goodwill and boundless supportive energy make you the one people turn to when times are tough. Your greatest strength is, of course, also one of your weaknesses, especially if you neglect to take care of yourself. At times like these, it’s a good idea to take a step back and focus some of that protective energy on yourself.
Ginger - Spirited. A feisty and fiery companion, quick with an opinion, a laugh or an idea. Warm, friendly and inviting, you never allow an awkward moment to pass. In fact, even cold and distant people warm up to you more quickly than others. Negative experiences or too much indulgence, however, can send you into a bit of a tailspin, and when hurt you may become quite cold and distant. Ginger people do best when their natural warmth and affection is flowing freely, giving them easy access to their love of life. Passion Flower - Deeply concerned about others and the world around you, you have a developed sense of what’s right and just. You’re a bit of an idealist and strive to see your vision of perfection realized in the world. On occasion you get out of balance, and you may feel a deep sense of unease and be prone to worry—especially at night, tossing and turning over all that is wrong or that needs fixing.

It intrigued me because for the most part it is on point for her. She is an advocate for people who don't otherwise have a voice. She is fiercely protective of her family and friends, is highly spirited with everyone she knows. She may appear shy to people she doesn't know but is willing to share her opinion especially when defending the weak or downtrodden. Overall a pretty 'on point' description as she put it.

After reading hers I took it myself. Like most of the online quizzes it was very short and there were times where I didn't really lean toward either answer but picked the closest. I'm not sure if I took it twice if it would result in the same answers but this is what I got.
Dandelion: Scrappy and tough, you’re a pull-yourself-up-by-your-bootstraps kind of person. You don’t give up easily and you often thrive in situations that others would find discouraging. You have an instinct to serve others and see yourself as most useful in times or places of crisis, but you may over rely on your toughness and forget how sensitive you really are. Echinacea: A protector. With an amazing blend of optimism, nurturing and goodwill, you lend your strength and energy to those in need. Your seemingly infinite goodwill and boundless supportive energy make you the one people turn to when times are tough. Your greatest strength is, of course, also one of your weaknesses, especially if you neglect to take care of yourself. At times like these, it’s a good idea to take a step back and focus some of that protective energy on yourself. Nettle: Truly a nurturing and supportive friend, you’re the kind of person that just isn’t for everyone. But those who take the time are rewarded with your gentle disposition, and the kind of friendship that does a person good no matter the difficulty they’re facing. When out of balance, you can become more prickly than supportive or nurturing, though—a sign that you need to shower yourself with the same kind of nurturing you so freely give to others.
The plant descriptions for me were also pretty 'on point' as my friend said after reading mine. I wouldn't say exact descriptions of either of us but really very close in many ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment