Saturday, March 15, 2014

Mr. Peabody

Blog post #473 of 365

My adorable son took me to see Mr. Peabody yesterday. To be honest it was pretty entertaining. However many of the jokes were probably lost on most kids.

The movie is based on a little girl who picks on a Sherman, calling him a dog because his father, through adoption, is a dog, Mr. Peabody. Sherman bites the girl and Mr. Peabody tries to smooth things out with the authorities by smoothing things over with the parents of the girl who Sherman bit. There is more to it than that but I'll leave it up to you to go see it or not.

Toward the end of the movie things had been said between Mr. Peabody and Sherman that were pretty hurtful. At one point Sherman says if being a dog means you are there for each other (paraphrased a much longer quote) then, "I am a dog." Well if that is the case then I too am a dog. I hope you are one to support and uplift too.

No comments:

Post a Comment