Friday, January 3, 2014

Taking Down Christmas

Blog post #404 of 365

I am one to decorate for Christmas Thanksgiving weekend. Not with a live tree. That can wait or in recent years I have had a fake or potted tree. I love trees in the ground but not dead and drying out in my home. (Needles everywhere, smells that make me cough and a fire hazard is not my idea of Christmas fun.) I love nativities, huge ornaments hanging from my porch eves, festive Santa paintings & figures, tree lights and ornaments!

I was one to have the tree and all remnants of Christmas cleaned up, boxed up and put away Christmas night or the day after but recently I have discovered the fun of letting Christmas stay just a few more days. This year Christmas came down on January first. Bringing in the new year with a clean slate seemed the perfect choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment