Thursday, January 30, 2014

Always a Critic

Blog post #429 of 365

At the end of a season, sports, music, movies etc. but it makes people into this biggest critics.

I am not a sports fan. Not at all. I like going to a game. Any game. Hockey, basketball, baseball, football in person sure, but on TV no thanks. However I love the Superbowl. I DVR it and find out who won via TV, radio or social media, then 'watch it' so to speak. I fast forward through until I see the plays I've heard about and I watch all of the commercials. Okay if the commercial is lame I zip through them too.

I am not a team follower. No teams except maybe the USA Olympic team. But I root for the Aussies and Ukrainians too. I don't want them to beat the US but if we don't win I want them to win. Someone has to win right?

Honestly I hate game nights/days. Social media is filled with whiners and poor sports. Both poor losers and poor winners. Really poor sports. It is sad really. And everyone becomes a critic. They criticize players, coaches, weather and just about anything they can blame for a poor showing of 'their' team.

It is true of the awards season as well. Music, theater, movies, TV they all have multiple award shows. As the announce the contenders everyone becomes a critic. I hate award show nights on social media because like the Superbowl I DVR the ones I want to watch and then watch them on my time. I can skip the categories I don't care about, miss out on the announcers I don't appreciate, skip the performers I can do without. What a better way to enjoy an awards show.

I am not a critic. I love too many things about music, TV, theater and movies to be a critic. I can look past bad acting to appreciate a good adaptation or good editing or great costumes or awful lyrics to appreciate the composition or a bad composition for great lyrics. I have always known to appreciate what I can anywhere and any way I can. The funny thing is everyone on social media becomes a critic. And some I know have no business criticizing any one or anything. Just an observation.






No comments:

Post a Comment