Saturday, January 18, 2014

Parties Smell

Blog post #417 of 365

This week I stayed busy at home. There was some shopping that I had put off that could no longer be delayed. Well stores and people smell. They have soaps and scents most people never notice unless it happens to be the lingering gas of a passerby. Well I had four stores to hit and really made good time, two hours including drive time, yay! All of these smells trick my body/lungs into thinking they are being attacked. Rescue inhalers are my friend at this point.

So I get home get everything put away, laundry finished, lunches made and then remembered my neighbor's grandie turned one and they invited me to attend the party.

I wrapped the books, donned my mask and headed that way. There were about 30 people there already and they are decked out. The problem is I can smell every lotion, cologne, soap, hairspray, aftershave, dog and food odor. I saw the bounce house, the small mountain of gifts, Minnie mouse decorations and the delicious looking food. I could smell that too but unfortunately I have to remove the mask to eat. Also after finding daddy and his adorable little girl I had to give the gift, snap a photo and head out. Disappointing really.

After returning home I can smell the lingering scents of the few I hugged. I had to change clothes, wash my arms & hands twice and I can still get a whiff now and again. These allergies are so not fun. More rescue inhalers and I think I'm going to take a Benadryl. Bummer.

But here is our little birthday girl.

 And her daddy.





No comments:

Post a Comment