Thursday, January 9, 2014

Getting Older

Blog post #410 of 365

Getting older is not for the weak or timid.

I am watching my mom and older friends & neighbors get older. I mean like late 70's to 110 older. They are all having health issues of one kind or another. They all fall asleep at all ours of the day and night. One neighbor complains she can't sleep past five am but she is dead asleep every night before seven pm. How could anyone sleep past five going to bed that early.

Recently I have noticed that the number of ailments is staggering for some but not too terrible for others. How can that be? I mean some of the 'healthiest' people are suffering as bad as or worse than the others. I have also noted that some complain a bunch more than others.

So I have made the decision to be the best I can be, no matter what is ailing me. This takes effort. This is a choice. I am getting older too and I want to do it with as much grace as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment