Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Staycation

Blog post #146 of 365

When our economy tanked a few years back people invented the word "staycation" a vacation without going away. Some take it to mean not leaving your house but I take it not to leave your state. Basically to check out what is around you. Things in your area.

Who knew that having long term visitors (six weeks) would be a chance to have an unusual staycation?

I have taken my mom, sister, and brother in law (who has never been to the States) all over seeing the local sites. Like the Hollywood sign, the Hollywood walk of fame, Crazy Californians, (formally Grauman's) TCL Chinese Theater, the Los Angeles temple, Universal Studios, my childhood homes, the cities my two nieces live with their families and so much more.

Lots of driving. Lot of rediscovering. Lots of appreciation for what is here in southern California. I am truly fortunate to live here with so much to so and so much to see.


No comments:

Post a Comment