Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Cooking Easy

Blog post #151 of 365

I like to cook. But I like easy cooking better.

I like having prep-work done.

When I shop I come home and prep. Like chopping the bag of onions and freezing them. Or peeling carrots and bag them for a quick snack or easy use later.

I've recently learned to freeze meat in a marinade so it is ready to cook right after thawing.

Here are yummy easy marinade recipes I have tried.

1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped celery.
1 can of cranberry I like the jelly kind but you can use any kind even your own recipe.
1 cup barbecue sauce
1/4 cup orange juice

Or try this one

1 cup chicken stock
1 can cubed peaches or mango or both!
3 minced garlic cloves
2 Tablespoons of balsamic vinegar

Or try this one

1 cup ginger ale
2 Tablespoons frozen orange concentrate
2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 Tablespoons honey
1 cup vegetable stock

Or try this one

1 pack dry onion soup mix
1 can cranberry sauce
1 teaspoon sage
1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
1 cup chicken stock

All marinades are meant for 4 meat portions and can be adjusted for more or less meat.


Marinade meat in a freezer bag until the night before you are ready to use it.. Thaw in the fridge over night Any meat will work but I prefer Pork or Chicken with these!

Cook the way you like (bake or braise) but add the marinade right in.

Do not barbecue because the sugars will make most meat burn on the outside before the meat has a chance to cook on the inside.

Have fun with it!



No comments:

Post a Comment