Friday, February 7, 2014

Scary Stuff Happens

Blog post #437 of 365

I love my grandson. Last week he was put in the hospital with an infection. His lungs weren't working well so they put him on oxygen. It scared me. I won't lie.

The next day his sister was coughing all night and awoke with labored breathing. She was admitted too. Both low on oxygen, coughing their little lungs out. Which as it happens is a good thing. It clears out the gunk so they can heal.

So I went to visit. Oh my goodness these two are amazing. Even sick they are little love bugs!
 My daughter came to play with them.
 She hates the oxygen.
 She loves the red toe (oxygen intake sensor.) Hard to see but there.
 As my daughter left she got my granddaughter to smile. Priceless!
It didn't last long though because they started her IV and she was not a happy girl every time they tried something new. Totally not herself.
The hospital has this room of donated toys for the patients. They picked a Spiderman magnetic dart board and a kitchen set. So them! They play with them while they are there and get to take them home afterward, brilliant way to make being in the hospital not so bad.

My grandson got a little better and got really bored. After a few days of being in the hospital I offered to watch the kids while the parents went to get something to eat. The kids were asleep most of the time they were gone but before they came back my grandson woke up and asked where his parents were? I told him they went to get something to eat because the cafeteria was closed (it was) so he looks at me and says, "Did they eat in the car?" Later he said, "I need to go home I've been here forever." Bless his heart it had been four days by then.

It took a while but they did eventually make it home. Answered prayers for sure. Yup I believe in the power of prayer and the blessing of good doctors, respiratory therapists, and nurses.


No comments:

Post a Comment