Monday, February 10, 2014

Birth & Celebration

Blog post #440 of 365

Last week my cousin became a grandma for the first time. I remember that feeling. When you see your child become a parent and watch them interact with their baby. There are no great words to describe it. One of those things you just have to experience to fully get it.

I secretly wanted this baby to come on the 7th. Only because I would remember it better. two of my brothers and Kate have birthdays this month with only the 7th open between them.

Celebrating births and the living is my favorite thing. I love babies. Then every year we get to remember them and celebrate them in a big way. One of my brothers complained his birthday is nearly always plagued with rain. Well this year we are in a drought and frankly the rain is welcome, prayed for even.

We can celebrate a life any time, and we do. Most of us have our parties on the weekend anyway. Birthday parties are one way we celebrate life but we celebrate in other ways as well. We celebrate milestones all along the way. First tooth, walking, potty training, first day of school, wins, graduations, new jobs, weddings, retirement, and eventually a culmination of them all funerals.

Granny Jill, welcome to the club. M. R., welcome to the world. Ron, Kate, and Dave, I hope you are still celebrating because I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment