Monday, February 17, 2014

Family Olympics

Blog post #447 of 365

Yes the Olympics again. There are few events that I would never just want to try, ability aside. One is luge because sliding down the ice at breakneck speeds with just a miniature sorta sled is just freaking too much for me the only thing I can think of that looks scarier is the skeleton. Same concept as the luge only head first. Way not my thing.

Watching this year I saw several things that struck me. First America medal in luge and Erin Hamlin won it! Kinda big. Then the folks in skeleton racing seem to just put down a foot or run their hands down the side to slow down. They appear to have way more options than I first imagined. Still not willing to try sliding.

Later I was watching an interview with Noelle Pickus-Pace, a skeleton slider. Her family tours with her on the competition circuit.

This is Noelle.
 Her kids.

  Her husband Janson Pace entertains the kids while mommy competes.

This is what mammy does!




Exchanging a little love along the way.

I love that her family is there. I've seen other family profiles as well. It warms my heart.

I still wouldn't try...

Note: She is retiring and won silver!





No comments:

Post a Comment