Wednesday, July 8, 2009

More Mirror

The last mirror entry was about looks this one is about looking to the future.

For most of this year I have been taking care of Mom. She has a huge fear of having to live in a home like Dad did. She wants to live at her home and not in a home. She wants to stay at home and be as well as she can be. The problem is she has had years of not living well. Dad got sick and she put her life on hold for him. She took awesome care of him and didn't take even moderate care of herself.

In watching Mom I have decided I need to make some changes. Changes for her and for me.

I started this post some time ago and got side tracked. It is probably two years later and Mom is resistant to change. She likes to complain and isn't willing to change her eating habits, spending habits, exercise habits, or any habit for that matter. She waits till she absolutely has to before going to the doctor which generally makes it harder for them to treat her. She hates surgery and fears it every time she sees a doctor but if they can fix it then fix it. I wish I had the opportunity to see a doctor at will.

So I'm looking in the mirror today and I like what I see better than I have in the last decade. I've made positive changes for myself and plan to stick to them. No wallowing or complaining for me! I hope most of the problems Mom has are from lack of care and not hereditary.

No comments:

Post a Comment