Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Ideas never stick these days...

Blogging is so much fun but there are drawbacks. I think of these great subjects to blog on and then when I find myself with time and an open computer it all leaves. I wish I had a laptop with me all the time. Alas I do not.

For me I have the added bonus of having what I fondly refer to as memory interruption after my electrocution. It was really bad at first but seemed to even out some. Especially after all of the therapies I have been through and following the advice of my doctors to try to regain the strength of my ability to make and keep memories. At least now I remember the names of my children on demand. That part was really disturbing for me but I digress. Sadly I can lose my train of thought mid-sentence. I don't know how much of the memory issues were from the electrocution or from the trauma of the accident itself. I hear memory issues are common for people who have gone through an electrocution but I haven't found any studies. I digress again...

I admit it I am getting older. Like everyone else as we age we have moments where our memory is less than perfect. It seems to me I get more dysnomia (that feeling that the word is on the tip of my tongue) than else anyone I know of my age or close to my age (except Nancy but she has a good excuse too.)

I'm beginning to think I need to carry around a pad all the time like people did before we had computers and blackberries to solve my dilemma. So far I have found a way to blog each week and I will continue to write. I love the idea that someone somewhere might find a minute of enjoyment reading my often disjointed thoughts.

My ideas never stick these days. I understand writer's block but this isn't really writer's block but more of a writer's challenge. I love a good challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment