Sunday, June 20, 2010

Grandchildren

Maybe the title should be grandsons because at this point I only have boys. I expect that to change one day but not too soon.

I have heard the saying, "If I knew how much fun grandchildren were I'd have had them first." In a way I get it but I don't agree. I adore my grandsons. I love spending time with them. Watching them grow and change is so wonderful. I enjoy finding the cute clothes, the best toys and great books for them.

When I watch my son with his sons I know I would never want to miss that part of being a grandparent. He adores them. He watched everything the nurses did to them from the moment they arrived till he and his wife took possession of their sons. He guarded them to make sure nothing bad happened to them. No unwanted moves, pokes or shots. He asked a ton of questions. The nurses were probably just wanting him to go sit with his wife.

This week my second grandson arrived. He is so adorable but I expected as much since he looks a lot like his brother who is so very cute. As I waited to meet my new grandson his brother stood guard at the nursery window pointing out his brother to every passerby. If they were not watching he got louder and more animated to make sure everyone saw his new brother.

I can't wait to watch them for the next few years turn in to the wonderful little men they will be. Will they continue to look similar? Will they be competitive? Will they play well together? All of those questions and more are swimming through my head this week. I also look forward to seeing how their parents parent. Will they do well? Will they do better than I did? I can only hope for the best and pray for them all.

I love my grandchildren.

No comments:

Post a Comment