Friday, April 16, 2010

When I walk into a classroom...

When I walk into a classroom to sub I never know what to expect. I can get everything or nothing. I have been in classrooms with organization and enough work to keep the class going and thinking. I have been in classrooms with only busy boring work where the students and I felt insulted. I have been in classrooms with no plans, no supplies and no hope of learning going on. Luckily I have the kind of personality that can make the hopeless classrooms enjoy moments of information and humor. If you can keep a balance of both it is possible they may walk away knowing more than they did going in.

When I walk into a classroom I am never sure what I will face. Some days it feels futile and other days it is so fulfilling. Today I saw learning going on. I saw successes. I saw kids with a bright start to their future. I saw my part in the learning. Days like this inspire me to continue teaching even as a sub.

What will my future look like?

No comments:

Post a Comment