Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Okay A Little Out Of Order

This is a little out of order cause I blogged on the Oscars before I blogged on the Olympics. Oh well it just hit me that way.

The winter Olympics were so much fun to watch. I have my favorite events but this year I recorded about 8 or 9 hours a day. I know you are thinking that is a lot of watching but not when you watch the way I did.

I watched nearly all of my favorite events, even the qualifiers. My favorite events are figure skating, luge, bobsled, snowboarding, and downhill skiing. I am not much of an ice dancer fan but this year I watched. I would watch other events but usually skipped till the finals or watched the countries that make me smile like the US, Australia, Finland, Russia, Canada, etc. I skipped all commercials and many of the goofy side stories. I skipped the scenery, weather reports and most of the interviews.

I enjoyed the opening ceremonies and really loved the the closing ceremonies.

In the past I usually tried to watch the figure skaters and catch the half pipe but his year I expanded my horizons. I really enjoyed the snowboard cross and the ski cross. I loved the snowboard and skiing down hills. It was awesome to see the bobsledders beat the odds. Shawn White rocked the half pipe. We had a local (Arcadia) figure skater. Bode Miller rocked the medals with one of each. There are just too many amazing and wonderful moments to recount. It was so much fun to watch.

In four years I might just do what I did this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment